Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What the Blog

I'm not sure what I want this blog to be about. I read other peoples blog and they are full of wisdom, humor, personal insight, and deep thoughts.

I read my wife's blog and she taught me how to make marsh mellows.

I want this to be about football, not the nuts and bolts that make it work, but what you gain by learning, practicing, and playing the game.

I hope to be an enthusiastic coach, and the players catch that enthusiasm. The best time I had as a player I gave my all, left everything on the field and went undefeated. the best time I had as a coach I gave my all, tried to make practice fun while teaching the game and we were 0-9-1 and not one player misses a practice.

I've played football in one form or another for 15 years, I've coached football going on 20 years, and have been married going on 21 years, and I'm 44.

I love this game, I love seeing player excel at something that you taught them, and my favorite is when you see them later and they have fond memories of the sport.

1 comment:

Kickstand Pam said...

You are a great coach and a wonderful husband and father.

Coach with your heart and not with a win/loss board - you'll rock

XOXO