Saturday, April 5, 2008

Coaching Tips

Attitude; it is contagious. After each season I reflect and try to grade myself. I have never given myself a positive grade. The 2007 season was my worst. I coach football so the kids I coach remember to have fun in the boundaries of the game. I also want each kid to feel that he is part of the team and not a practice player. I failed to get all the players into some games, and follow our teams minimum of four plays. Most of the players deserve more. They attend all practices and give maximum effort. I got caught up in wins and losses, and player suffered because of it. If my attitude was different the wins and losses would take care of themselves and all the kids would have fun and feel as if they belong. So :

RULE #1 Attitude (Mine = Yours)
RULE #2 Time + Effort = more playing time

1 comment:

Kickstand Pam said...

Stop beating yourself up coach. We learn from everything we do. You're going to have a great 2008 season!